Below is our current information from Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment. I will post on Facebook when I plan to have the studio open. Please try and support your local businesses. Small business are impacted the most by economic disruption. Many artist have online shops. Buy a gift certificate and plan on using it later for a class or a gift. Shop local!
If you are planning to visit Lowe Mill A&E, here’s what you need to know about our community’s Coronavirus plans.
We want to let you know what we’re doing to make your experience here as safe as possible for you and our artists and makers:
1. If you don’t feel well, please stay at home. If you’re coughing or sneezing, or have had fever within the last 24 hours no matter the cause, please stay home. Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw it away. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer often. Please use social distancing and keep 6’ away from your neighbor.
2. Classes with artists. If you are currently taking a class at the mill, please check with the artists before arriving to ensure your class is still meeting as scheduled. We have asked our artist and makers to keep their social media up to date for information regarding their studio.
3. Art studios. We’ll continue to work in our studios going forward. Some of us may choose to keep our doors closed, but you will still be able to see us through our studio windows. If you need to reach out to us, please use the contact information listed under our name and studio number on the outside of each studio door.
4. Cleaning our space. We are sanitizing all stairwell handrails, interior ramp handrails, public door handles and push bars, basically all hand-contact surfaces daily.
5. Closing the mill. We follow Huntsville City Schools protocol. If they close, the mill will close. Please follow us on social media for updates.
6. We’ve had no reports of any Lowe Mill A&E artists, makers, or crew members being infected. We have asked that our crew, artists and makers please stay home if they experience fever or any Coronavirus symptoms. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and will let you know if anything changes. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the mill a safe and healthy place.